Employee Spotlight – Sebastian Thiem
IQ Culture | News and Events
by: IQ Admin
- What motivates you every day? Learning. Don’t get me wrong, I also enjoy tackling the difficult problems we face in this career. But nothing is more rewarding than finding out that you’re totally wrong about something, that you need to try a new approach, learning that new approach, and then coming back to face the problem.
- Briefly describe what you do at IQ. Scrum Master/Developer for a team working on train control systems software. I also manage performance reviews and invest in the growth of a small team of engineers who are early in their career.
- What does your workspace look like? Neat, but spacious. I enjoy a combination of plenty of storage and decorative space, whilst also keeping the main working space as minimalist as possible.
- What do you like to do outside of work? I love to cook, although I’m not very good at it yet. Otherwise, I enjoy long story driven RPGs and working on personal projects.
- What advice do you have for others in your profession? Try to break the boundaries you subconsciously set around yourself. I’ve met so many engineers with a lot of potential that get bound by: ego, self-doubt, or disbelief. However it manifests for yourself, all of these traits just prevent ourselves from being the person we want to be. Honorable mention to Lunch Respect. There are very few reasons on this earth that you should be working through your lunch period.
- What do you love about IQ Inc? The people and the culture. IQ puts a lot of emphasis on career growth and fostering sustainable work environments for employees. As a result of those efforts I get to work at a company with people that I love to work with.