Employee Spotlight – Maria Belan-Crawford
IQ Culture | News and Events
by: IQ Admin
- What motivates you every day? The first thing that comes to mind is my team. I feel extremely lucky to work with amazing people, and I learn something new from them each day. Something else that motivates me is IQ’s mission of impacting lives through technology – knowing I play some role in that is fulfilling.
- Briefly describe what you do at IQ. I am part of the Innovation Center at IQ. At the Innovation Center, we have a collective goal to grow our skills – usually that means exploring newer frameworks & technologies with the aim of expanding the services we can offer to our clients. I also recently developed and launched our new website! A typical day for me might include fixing bugs, doing dev work for a new product we are working on, or helping out with UI related tasks like creating wireframes.
- What does your workspace look like? My workspace and monitor is set up on a glossy white IKEA LINNMON table that I sometimes write on with a dry-erase marker. My favorite desk accessories besides my keyboard are a $10 mug warmer, and my pencil collection (daily driver: General’s Cedar Point #333-1 or Staedtler Noris 120). Usually there are a lot of scribbled notes all around my desk!
- What do you like to do outside of work? Outside of work? My favorite non-work-related activities include knitting, crocheting, and spinning yarn from wool and other fibers. Anything fiber-arts related! I also really like spending time with family and gaming.
- What advice do you have for others in your profession? A concept that has always stuck with me is the idea that the more you learn about something, the more you realize you don’t know. That applies to being a software engineer in a big way – always being open to asking questions and learning something new is really important when it comes to keeping up with rapid changes in technology and improving the work that you do.
- What do you love about IQ Inc? Definitely the people! Being part of our larger, collaborative company-wide team is a big part of what keeps me going each day.