IQ Inc. is a woman-owned small business headquartered in Murrysville, PA. Since 1994 IQ has delivered software development and consulting services in ways that best meet our customers’ needs; including complete end-to-end software projects in our state-of-the-art development center. IQ also services its customers through staff augmentation engagements, contract-to-hire and direct placement.
Over the years IQ has dedicated itself to building teams of software engineering professionals with experience in the fields of:
- Software Engineering
- Software Design
- Database Design
- Q/A Testing
- Project Management
- System Integration
- Technical Writing
- Web Development
- Validation & Verification
IQ has the federal designation of Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) and the Pennsylvania state certification of Woman Business Enterprise (WBE). IQ employees are selected based on their character, abilities, skills, training and attitude, without regard to age, sex, color, race, creed, national origin, religious persuasion, marital status, political belief or disability.
Customers and Industries Served
IQ has applied-industry experience in Medical Devices, Energy, Transportation, Healthcare, Manufacturing and a host of others; and has had great success at matching consultants’ skills and personality with customer need. IQ’s consultancy involves the application of computer engineering, computer science, and electrical engineering skills to developing solutions that solve problems, oftentimes in creative and innovative ways. Some of IQ’s skill categories include:
- Embedded Software Engineers: Develop low-level components for electro-mechanical device firmware. Some of the IQ embedded software engineers create the firmware to control ventilator systems to help people breathe easier; they develop surgical viewing devices for ophthalmology and neurosurgery; and they build control systems for the rail industry making rail transportation safer and more efficient.
- Software Engineers: Develop systems by applying engineering principles to the design and development of software. Some of the IQ software engineers build complex-product configuration and quote systems for manufacturing firms; they create state of the art user interfaces for surgical systems; and they build software to analyze and manage both business and scientific data.
- Database Experts: Ensure that the data assets of an organization are supported by a data architecture that aids the organization in achieving its strategic goals. These experts are involved in the design and development of database systems that are the foundation of the enterprise. Data design, migration, ETL, security, scalability and performance are the areas of focus for these engineers.
- Testers / Quality Assurance: Testers work with software-in-development to verify that features and functionality meet business objectives, and that code is relatively bug free prior to shipping or releasing new software products. Testers also work with physical products in pre-production to verify that what will be made meets specifications and requirements, and during manufacturing production runs by validating that lot samples meet specified quality controls.
- Project Managers: Sometimes IQ customers manage their own projects and utilize IQ engineering resources for software development and testing, in other situations an IQ project manager gets involved. IQ project managers are experienced with the latest practices, such as “Agile”, an incremental method of developing software that produces frequent, observable results.
In general, IQ engineers work well in environments that have high quality standards and are attentive to ongoing software process improvements. Many IQ consultants work with comprehensive quality management systems as they develop, test and document products that are undergoing FDA or FRA approval; which is why companies that work in regulated industries such as Medical Devices and Transportation, prefer IQ consultants over other resource options.
Message from the President
As President and CEO of IQ Inc., I proudly attribute much of our success to the dedication and integrity of our people. Over the years IQ has grown and evolved in the technology industry, from providing our clients with advanced technology solutions, to our expanding project development team, to offering our consultants challenging career options. IQ has responded to the rapidly changing technology environment with confidence, constantly adapting and improving our knowledge base and skill set as dictated by market demands. We have distinguished ourselves as a small company with a large presence – one which offers a variety of creative solutions, innovative software products, and consulting services to a myriad of clients, from Fortune 500 corporations to small businesses.
Our dynamic nature has allowed us to expand our client base without sacrificing the exceptional level of quality that our clients have come to expect from IQ. We are a service company whose goal has always been to build the perfect solution for your software and IT needs along with positive, long lasting relationships with our clients.
We are dedicated to providing creative, high-quality software and IT solutions to our clients, built for each individual need. We supply a rewarding, fun, collaborative, and flexible work environment to our team while at the same time providing challenging projects and countless opportunities for professional and personal growth.
Contact us today to discuss your software or IT needs with one of our engineering executives or to speak with our Project Support Manager about joining our team.
Your success is our goal and I know that together we can build the perfect solution.
Barbara A. VanKirk
President & CEO