John Davies is an 11-year IQ Inc. “veteran” who currently works at one of IQ Inc.’s wonderful client sites. John works hard on devices that help people by enhancing their quality of life, and he loves that. He is excited to be our next Employee Spotlight, and loves to represent IQ Inc. as our funny, witty, IQ Inc. “Renaissance Man”.
- What motivates you every day? In the lobby of my office building there are stories of people that have been helped by one of the products. Not many patients write to say they love their medical device. Understandably. But the occasional letter makes up for the bad days.
- Briefly describe what you do all day. Right now, we’re in the final stages of shipping out a new medical device. So I’m simultaneously hoping nothing breaks and also, hoping it does, so I can quit doing documentation and fix the problem.
- What do you like to do when you’re not at the office? Garden, swing dance, live music, woodworking, cooking, …
- What advice do you have for others in your profession? Keep feeding your resume. You never know what’s going to be needed for your next project.
- What do you love about IQ Inc? I like knowing there are so many different projects to work on, and if I get bored working on medical devices (unlikely) there is something else to do.
- What’s something most people don’t know about you? I was once a trained bartender. I thought it would help me get dates. It didn’t.
- What inspires you? My wife and our baby on the way.