The Westmoreland County Winners’ Circle held it’s awards luncheon on Wednesday, May 21st at the Greensburg Country Club. The event celebrates the winners of four prestigious awards which are presented each year following nominations and peer consideration.
The four awards are as follows:
- Awarded to a woman or man who devotes time and energy to improve quality of life for others
- Mentors other women to reach full leadership potential
- Demonstrates excellence, creativity and initiative in business or profession
Seton Hill University Entrepreneurial Excellence Award
- Awarded to an individual (man or woman), organization or business
- Advocates for growth and success of women-owned businesses
- Creative in promoting and supporting women to be valuable contributors to the Westmoreland County economy
Award for Community Service
- Presented to a woman who has contributed her time, resources and efforts to community organizations and community growth
- Contributes personal influence and involvement beyond job expectations
YWCA Rising Star
- Awarded to a woman, 35 years of age or under
- Exhibits early professional success and potential to obtain marked achievement
- Demonstrates willingness to help others, especially women and girls
IQ would like to congratulate each of the winners: Diane Proctor, Athena Award winner; Karen Post, representing the Progress Fund, Entrepreneurial Excellence Award winner; Norma Skillings, Community Service Award winner; and Kristen Varoli, YWCA Rising Star Award winner. Congratulations!
You can find more information about the awards and awardees from this year and years past at the WC Winners’ Circle website.