Nominations due by Midnight, February 4
Greensburg, Pa. – The Westmoreland County Winners’ Circle Awards Program is calling for nominations for four awards that recognize women, men, businesses or organizations who inspire others and advocate for women, women-owned business and our community. Winners’ Circle awards include the prestigious ATHENA Award®, Seton Hill University Entrepreneurial Excellence Award, Award for Community Service and YWCA Rising Star Award.
The ATHENA Award® is part of Athena International, which honors women and men annually from all over the world.
The YWCA Rising Star Award, sponsored by the Women’s Leadership Council of the United Way, is a local award that recognizes a woman 30 years of age or under who shows outstanding promise and leadership early in her career. Winner of the YWCA Rising Star Award receives a $2,000 scholarship to use toward career development and is part of a year-long mentoring program with women business leaders in the community.
For the third year in a row, the winner of the Award for Community Service will receive $1,000 that she can donate to the charitable organization of her choice.
Nominations can be made online at www.wcwinnerscircle.com. The deadline is midnight February 4, 2013. If you do not have internet access and need assistance completing a nomination or have questions, please call Seton Hill University’s E-Magnify at 724-830-4625.
Now in its 18th year, the Winners’ Circle Awards Program is Westmoreland County’s most prestigious business awards program. This program, presented by Seton Hill University’s E-Magnify women’s business center and underwritten by First Commonwealth, began in 1995 to recognize and celebrate those who advance women as leaders and community activists in order to motivate, inspire and mentor women to assume leadership roles throughout Westmoreland County. Winners will be honored at an awards ceremony and networking luncheon on Wednesday, May 15, at the Ramada Hotel and Conference Center in Greensburg.
2013 Awards Criteria:
- Awarded to a woman or man who devotes time and energy to improve quality of life for others
- Mentors women to reach full leadership potential
- Demonstrates excellence, creativity and initiative in business or profession
Seton Hill University Entrepreneurial Excellence Award
- Awarded to an individual (man or woman), organization or business
- Advocates for growth and success of women owned businesses
- Creative in promoting and supporting women to be valuable contributors to the Westmoreland County economy
Award for Community Service
- Presented to a woman who has contributed her time, resources and efforts to community organizations and community growth
- Contributes personal influence and involvement beyond job expectations
YWCA Rising Star Award
- Awarded to a woman, 30 years of age or under
- Exhibits early professional success and potential to obtain marked achievement
- Demonstrates willingness to help others, especially women and girls
In addition to First Commonwealth as an underwriter, the premier sponsors include S&T Bank, Trib Total Media, UPMC Health Plan and the Women’s Leadership Council of the United Way. Gold sponsors are Apollo Design Group, First Niagara, Fotorecord Print Center, IQ Inc., and 107.1 WHJB. Bridgeway Capital, Carlow University and SkySight Photography are silver sponsors.