It’s 3 o’clock and it’s been a long day, time for a snack! What to eat….what to munch on??? I find myself asking this question quite often. Here at IQ Inc. we’ve implemented a “healthy snack” initiative to help our employees stay healthy and nourish both their mind and their body. Each week, an employee can sign up to bring in wholesome tasty snacks and IQ Inc. will reimburse them! Cookies, candies, and other sweet treats are great for birthdays and other fun events, but what about those day to day cravings that we have? Here are some snacks and tips that we’ve shared so far:
Healthy Foods to Eat in the Office:
- Fruits & Vegetables (great sources of vitamins and minerals)
- Nuts (contain omega-3 fatty acids which are helpful against inflammation)
- Hummus & Pita Chips
*What we eat and drink will influence our mood, energy, and performance!
Keeping Your Mental Health on Track at Work:
- Talk about your feelings to maintain a good mental state of health.
- Stay active, take breaks throughout the day, and choose steps over elevators.
- Make healthy food and drink choices.
- Ask for help when you need it.
- Work standing up.
…and don’t forget about your mental health at home! Exercising, meditation, yoga, planning ahead, and pursuing interests and hobbies can all help to decrease stress and improve your overall health!
Remember that good nutrition, exercise, and sleep all play a crucial role in your health. Take time throughout each day to focus on YOU!
**A big thanks to Dr. Bethany M VanKirk, D.C., founder of B Well Family Chiropractic, for sharing some of her knowledge on the topic of Wellness and “how you can begin to experience more energy, a higher functioning immune system, and clarity of mind”!