This month we want to introduce you to another one of our talented employees, and another recent winner of our IQ Core Values award, April Rak. April is a part of our projects team here at IQ working as a test engineer supporting one of our clients.
- What motivates you every day? I am motivated by both tackling new challenges and achieving the best quality/accuracy. I enjoy being given a puzzle and trying to solve it, or being given a set of rules and figuring out how well they are being adhered to. I want to ensure that I am providing the best quality product possible to our clients that will accurately meet their customers’ needs.
- Briefly describe what you do at IQ. I fulfill two different roles at IQ. I am a test lead, overseeing and mentoring other software testers while also serving as a test engineer on a client’s project. My secondary role is Engagement Leader where I help teammates work toward their personal and career goals while fostering open and honest discussion.
- What does your work space look like? In two words: organized chaos. My desk is filled with monitors, laptops, and Post-its galore, but each are important and have their own purpose.
- What do you like to do outside of work? First and foremost, I am busy raising an energetic and curious two and half year old. When I do get that rare moment to enjoy a hobby, you can find me either doing something crafty or playing a video or board game.
- What advice do you have for others in your profession? Never back down from a challenge no matter how large it may seem on the surface, never stop trying to learn something new every day, and always communicate openly and honestly with your team.
- What do you love about IQ Inc? I love the people. My coworkers are really what make IQ a great place to work while having fun. Collectively, they are some of the smartest, friendliest, and most humble people I have ever met. They are the type of people that you can count on to help and support you both personally and professionally.