Website IQ inc
IQ Inc. provides custom software engineering services for companies with highly-engineered products. When these companies need support, IQ is their long-term, collaborative partner. Our team is dedicated to working hard, solving problems, and having fun while we do it!
We are currently looking for a software engineer with experience in Ruby, DevOps in a clustered Rails environment, and clustered web-based Systems.
- Assist in the responsible design, development, and deployment of NBS(new business solutions) products.
• This includes using agile principles to implement a solution, including tests, and assisting with the deployment of new releases.
• Must be accountable and responsible for working on business critical products that operate 24/7/365 and are distributed nationwide to many clients.
• Provide 3rd level support.
• Issue logging, tracking, analysis, reporting and management.
• Release control and coordination for multiple products.
We are looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in technology field required.
• Experience in Ruby
• Experience in Rails
• Experience with DevOps in a clustered Rails environment
• Experience with Apache and Phusion Passenger
• Thorough knowledge of clustered Web-based Systems
• Practical experience with REHL or CentOS versions 5 – 7
• Experience migrating to an AWS virtual environment
• Experience containerizing applications using Docker
• Fluent in Object-Oriented Programming.
• Knowledge of MySQL
• Knowledge in Java a plus.
• Knowledge in Clojure a plus.
• Knowledge in JRuby a plus.
IQ Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, IQ Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
IQ Inc. expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of IQ Inc.’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.