Website IQ Inc
IQ Inc. provides custom software engineering services for companies with highly-engineered products. When these companies need support, IQ is their long-term, collaborative partner.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Oracle Database Administrator. In this role you will be responsible for design, installation, maintenance, and testing of Oracle databases, identifying potential risks, staying abreast of new Database technologies, and providing expertise to the team.
- Responsible for leading and developing proposal estimates and schedules for Database Administrators and Database Programmers to meet customer requirements
- Responsible for understanding the end users requirements for the database and planning the implementation of the database to handle their requirements
- Architects and oversees consistent database design, installation, and configurations standards are applied across projects, for both internal and external customers to meet ATS requirements for development, test, and production environments
- Responsible for the design, installation, testing and maintenance of Oracle databases in a RAC or standalone configuration for development, labs, and production
- Researches, designs, and develops expert guidance to database administrators, programmers, and management staff for technical, global, cross-functional teams for Oracle expertise and best practices
- Participates in the preparation of customer presentations
- Evaluate Oracle new features and determine if they can provide useful benefits to the database solutions
- Minimum B.S. degree in Computer Science or related discipline, 10-15 years of professional experience in Database Administration.
- Proven experience with design, installation, testing and maintaining Oracle Databases in a RAC and Standalone configuration for development, Labs, and Production
- Ability to develop large upgrade plans and follow through on database upgrades for development, Labs, and Production
- Advanced ability to configure and ensure backups are done on a regular basis. Test the restore strategy to verify the backups are valid. Document all steps that are needed and any additional processes that are required for development, Labs, and Production
- Proven experience monitoring and tuning database performance, provide guidance with tuning application and queries
- Advanced ability to plan for and manage database growth
- Ability to take end users requirements for the database and plan the implementation of the database to handle their requirements
- Advanced ability creating, modifying, and maintaining database objects and storage
- Advanced ability creating and managing security and user access to the databases
Desired Skills and Experience
- Dedication to process improvements
- Able to build effective relationships
- Stay abreast of new technologies for Databases and shares information with the team
- Exhibit a calm demeanor with the pressures of project deadlines
- Excellent organizational and communication skills (oral and written)
Sound interesting? Send us your resume at email@example.com today.
IQ Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, IQ Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
IQ Inc. expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of IQ Inc.’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.