Website IQ Inc.
IQ Inc. provides custom software engineering services for companies with highly-engineered products. Our team is dedicated to working hard, solving problems, and having fun while we do it. We are in need of a Senior Embedded Software Engineer to provide technical expertise in design and development of embedded software systems using C/C++. If you like finding creative solutions to problems, working on projects that make an impact, and collaborative work, you should consider applying…
- Conceptual design and implementation of real time embedded software for use within medical devices
- Actively participate in meetings & design reviews for product concepts, solutions, results, and status
- Maintain and improve the quality position of the software team’s deliverables and the overall business unit’s products
- Successfully engage with cross-functional teams of mechanical, electrical, and software engineers in the discovery, adaptation and integration of new and existing technologies to create innovative and reliable new product designs
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or Software Engineering (Master of Science, desirable but not required)
- 7+ years of embedded software development (C, C++, and/or assembly languages), and design background, preferably in a medical device industry
- Experience with different Microprocessors implementing embedded real time solutions
- Experience in developing software requirements, design documents, software implementation and testing
- Strong understanding of structured design, embedded real-time systems, hardware / software interfacing
- Ability to understand schematics and work with hardware engineers to insure proper system design and function
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to work on multiple projects
- Demonstrated successful results in leading as well as participating on technical teams
IQ Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, IQ Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
IQ Inc. expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of IQ Inc.’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.