Website IQ Inc.
IQ Inc. provides custom software engineering services for companies with highly-engineered products. As an engaged consulting company, we are committed to the success of our clients. Our employees enjoy a collaborative work environment, excellent benefits, and a good work/life balance.
We are currently in need of a Hardware/SAN/VM Administrator that will be responsible for maintaining and troubleshooting hardware, software, and the network.
- Troubleshoot and resolve escalated tickets related to technical difficulties with hardware, software, and the network
- Identify root cause of escalated issue and formulate plan of action to resolve client issue(s)
- Mentor less senior hardware engineers
- Provide support and problem resolution for project systems including Windows, VMWare, and RH Linux platforms
- Prioritize assigned projects and develops requirements, architecture diagrams, deadlines, etc. and reports progress and status on a timely basis
- Use standard IT tools to monitor and maintain project systems and network as per agreed service
- Troubleshoot and assist in project infrastructure services including Windows, RH Linux, Storage and Virtualization
- Identify network connectivity issues in relation to server and storage endpoints
- Maintain and troubleshoot project infrastructure backup and recovery systems
- Documents server configuration standards, security standards in the operating systems arena and works with the project team for endpoint compliance
- Build, configure, replace and troubleshoot project workstation and server hardware and associated devices
Required Skills & Experience:
- Associates degree or equivalent experience is required; Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience is preferred
- 2-5 years of professional experience in Information Technology, demonstrated knowledge of computer operating systems (windows or Linux) and computer networking (TCP/IP)
- Demonstrated problem solving, planning, and analytical skills with hardware and software systems
- In-depth knowledge of Ethernet communications, cabling, and devices
- Experience with installing and troubleshooting network, workstation, server, and storage hardware
- Ability to troubleshoot complicated computer or network problems
- Understanding of Linux or other desktop or server operating systems
- Problem solving, planning, and analytical skills
- Customer satisfaction (both internal and external customers)
- Excellent organizational skills
- Able to apply critical thinking with respect to all work performed
Solid knowledge in one or more of the following:
- VMWare ESXi 6.x
- Citrix XenServer 5.x and 6.x
- RHEL 5.x or higher
- Backup technologies
- Desired Skills & Experience
- A+ Certification, CCNA Certification, MCP or MCSE
IQ Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, IQ Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
IQ Inc. expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of IQ Inc.’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.