President and Founder
Institute for Entrepreneurial Excellence
Katz Graduate School of Business, Pittsburgh, PA
BS Computer Science
Point Park College, Pittsburgh, PA
Barbara VanKirk’s success has not gone by unrecognized. She was selected as one of “Pennsylvania’s Best 50 Women in Business” by the governor in 2003 and in 2008, an Enterprising Women of the Year Award winner. In 2007, Barbara received the Monroeville Chamber of Commerce ROC’s (Recognizing Organizations and Companies that Shine in our Community) Entrepreneur of the Year Award. Barbara was awarded Point Park University’s Distinguished Alumni Professional Achievement for 2010, Seton Hill University’s 2009 E-Magnify ATHENA® Award, and 2009 Friend of the Family by the Parental Stress Center of Pittsburgh.
IQ Inc. was named the 2009 Pittsburgh Business Ethics Award (small business category) by the Pittsburgh Chapter of the Society of Financial Service Professionals and the David Berg Center for Ethics and Leadership at the University of Pittsburgh. IQ was honored as The Western Pennsylvania Woman-Owned Business of the Year in 2011.
Barbara served on the executive committee of the Westmoreland Chamber of Commerce and the Murrysville Personnel Board. She is a member of Point Park University Dean’s Advisory Council for the School of Business, the Forbes Health Foundation Board of Directors of the Western Pennsylvania Hospital Forbes Regional Campus, and is a founding member of the United Way Women’s Leadership Council (Westmoreland County). She is an active member of the Women’s Presidents’ Organization, Pittsburgh Technology Council, and the Society of Women Engineers. Barbara has most recently been appointed to the Westmoreland County Forum for Workforce Development as a Chair on the Internships, Externships and Apprenticeships Task Force.
Director of Talent Acquisition
Penn State University
Director of Talent Acquisition has over 20 years of experience in Human Resources.
- Most recently, Stephanie worked for Highmark Health as Director, Talent Acquisition where she was responsible for a team of 20 recruiters, TA coordinators, and oversaw Highmark’s University Relations and Employer Brand Programs. Other roles held at Highmark included Director, Employee Engagement, and Director, Talent Strategy.
- Prior to Highmark, Stephanie spent 10 years at Thermo Fisher Scientific holding HR leadership positions for various divisions of the company including global HR roles across Europe and Latin America.
Software Engineering Manager
BS Electrical Engineering
MS Software Development and Management
Rochester Institute of Technology, Rochester, NY
Customer focused manager with over 25 years of experience developing electrical and software products across a wide spectrum of industries. Superb project management, problem solving, judgement and decision making skills. Extensive knowledge of all design stages from inception to final product delivery.
- Position: Engineering Manager, Project Manager, Sr. Software Engineer, Electrical Engineer, Test Engineer
- Industries: Medical Device, Electric Utility, Process Control, Automotive, Consumer Appliance
- Competencies: Project Management, Software Development, System Integration, Manufacturing, Subcontractor Management, Process Improvement, Risk Management, Formal Test
Software Engineering Manager
B.S. in Computer Science Engineering
B.S. in Electrical Engineering
University of Toledo, Toledo, OH
Ryan is a Software Engineering Manager who brings to his role a deep curiosity, love of learning, and an aversion to inefficiency. With a B.S. in both Electrical Engineering and Computer Science Engineering, he spent three years as a Software Engineer at IQ before becoming an Engineering Manager.
He is a process-nerd who questions “the way things have always been” and looks for new ways to think about old problems. Ryan’s main focus is on growing the culture and people of IQ to ensure we are constantly improving, cultivating innovation, and most importantly: always exceeding our customer’s expectations.
He is also the primary curator of the IQ inc. board game collection and addicted to Foosball.