IQ Inc., a software development and consulting company is assisting a client with the search for a Sr. Linux Administrator & Team Leader for a direct hire position in Pittsburgh. Local Candidates preferred. We are unable to sponsor or transfer Visa’s.
• Design, support and troubleshoot RedHat cluster technologies.
• Research, test and implement new hardware and software technologies.
• Provide Team Leadership to other Linux Administrators
• Provide systems administration support for RedHat based environments.
• Define and follow standards and best practices for server and operating system builds.
• Work in a matrix support environment to provide 24X7 production support for RedHat Linux server environments.
• Help define and build server environments.
• Develop and write server and operating system design documents.
• Develop new processes and technologies to automate operating system installations and builds (custom scripts, RedHat kick-starts).
• Minimum 7 years providing support for mission critical RedHat Linux environments.
• Minimum 3 year as a team leader of other Linux administrators
• Experience administering RedHat Enterprise 3.X, 4.X, 5.X servers running in a 24X7 environment.
• In depth knowledge of TCP/IP and UDP protocols and LAN/WAN networking.
• Configure and install Dell blade servers, HP servers, iLO, DRAC.
• Design and build kick-start servers and processes for advanced server and workstation builds.
• Experience with PXE, nfs, nis, shell scripting, proactive monitoring, patch management and end user support.
• Experience with volume management using LVM utilizing both local and SAN/NAS disk storage.
• Performance tuning and capacity planning.
• Experience supporting corporate network based services such as DNS, NIS, NFS, SSH, autofs.
• Experience supporting Oracle 10G and 11G database environments including RAC, ASM, OCFS, raw devices, network bonding, private interconnects.
• Strong shell scripting skill in bash and ksh and PERL.
• Strong oral and written communications skills. Must be able to write root cause analysis reports, project plans and architecture and design documents.
• RHCE or equivalent experience.
• Solid understanding of SANs, fiber switches and fabric, RAID and server backup/recovery processes and technology.
• Experience designing, building and supporting application development environments.
• Must be available for limited travel to foreign and domestic locations
• Must be able to pack, unpack and assemble server components, run fiber and copper under floor cables, swap hardware components on malfunctioning servers.
Qualified candidates, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with job # W2010-0169 and salary expectations.